- Polur Town Panchayat Located 38.00 K.M distance from Thiruvannamalai District.
- Nearest Railway Station Name : Polur , This Railway Station Located 0.50 k.m Distance from polur
- Nearest Airport Located in : Chennai
- Bus Route Details : : Vellore - Tiruvannamalai
- Sampathgiri Hill Temple - Ward No : 10 - Street Name - A.Malaiyoram Street
- Perumal Koil Temple - Ward No : 6 - Street Name - Perumal Koil Street
- Kailasanathar Koil Temple - Ward No : 6 - Street Name - Theridi Street
- Kaliyamman Koil Street - Ward No : 1 - Street Name - Veerappan Street
- Somanathaeswar Temple - Ward No : 1 - Street Name - Veerappan Street
- Pollachiamman Temple - Ward No : 13 - Street Name - Polachiamman Koil Street
- Tumbainachiamman Koil - Ward No : 16 - Street Name - Balakannaiyan Street
- Kamachiamman Koil - Ward No : 13 - Street Name - Kamachiammal Koil Street
- Angalamman Koil - Ward No : 15 - Street Name - Allinagar
- Putru Mariamman Koil - Ward No : 4 - Street Name - Diversion Road
- Mariamman Koil Street - Ward No : 17 - Street Name - Jalliyan Street
|Festival Name||How many Days Celebrated||Which Month Celebrated||No of Peoples Participated||Notified/Non Notified|
|Nearest City Name||Direction||Distance from Town Panchayat|
POLUR SELECTION GRADE TOWN PANCHAYAT
The city of Polur marks an important part at Tiruvannamalai District in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is situated on the National Highway – 234 that also known as Mangalore – Villupuram Highway. The city has been adorned with several places of worship and some worth-to-bevisited tourist attractions. As a travel vacationer, you can take pleasure of beautiful “Kunnathur Hiss” on the peripheries of Polur. The word Polur was taken from “Porulur” in the Tamil language, which literally translating of “Polur Oor” or “Place of Wealth”. The city is placed around 159 km away from the State capital Chennai towards East and 39 km away from its Tiruvannamalai District.
Geography of Polur
Polur is situated at 12.5ON 79.13OE along with average elevation of 171 meters. The city remains hot in summer, particularly in the month of Mya, with average temperature between 31OC to 42OC. The month of December remains cold with minimum 24OC. During the entire year, the rainfall have varies from month to month with maximum in October and minimum in February month. So, the best time of visit Polur is in the month of March when you can embark on to its major tourist places with having light clothes under the average.
Population of Polur
Polur is a Town Panchayat city in district of Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu. The Polur city is divided into 18 wards for which elections are held every 5 years. The Polur Town Panchayat has population of 28,123 of which 13,862 are males while 14,261 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 3040 which is 10.81 % of total population of Polur (TP). In Polur Town Panchayat, Female Sex Ratio is of 1029 against state average of 996. Moreover Child Sex Ratio in Polur is around 939 compared to Tamil Nadu state average of 943. Literacy rate of Polur city is 82.87 % higher than state average of 80.09 %. In Polur, Male literacy is around 90.12 % while female literacy rate is 75.91 %.
Polur Town Panchayat has total administration over 6,706 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage. It is also authorize to build roads within Town Panchayat limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction.
Tourism in Polur
The beautiful city of Polur surrounding has some awesome destinations to allure the attention of holiday seekers. Although, it does not have many cultural and natural tourist places but it is largely famous for three main jain caves along with Arahanthgiri Jain Math, which was formed in the year 1998 at the ancient jain site of Tiruvannamalai. However, you can also pay visit to Polur’s Kavanoor Observatory or Vainu Bappu Observatory, Beeman Fally and Parvatha Hills, which is considered as on ideal place for trekking. Near by located Javadu Hiss also grab the attention of travel lovers.