- Annur Town Panchayat Located 34.00 K.M distance from Coimbatore District.
- Nearest Railway Station Name : Mettupalayam , This Railway Station Located 22.00 k.m Distance from annur
- Nearest Airport Located in : Peelamadu 42 km
- Bus Route Details : : Annur is well connected by roads including the National Highway 209 (Dindugal to Bangalore NH209).
- Arulmigu. Manneeswarar Temple - Ward No : 15 - Street Name - Othimalai Road
- Perumal Temple - Ward No : 15 - Street Name - Othimalai Road
- Koothandavar Temple - Ward No : 15 - Street Name - Koothandavar Kovil street
- Pallivasal - Ward No : 15 - Street Name - Pallivasal Street
- CSI Church - Ward No : 14 - Street Name - Church Street
- Angalaparameswari amman Temple - Ward No : 12 - Street Name - Thennampalayam road
- Ayyappan Temple - Ward No : 12 - Street Name - Thennampalayam road
- Omsakthi Temple - Ward No : 12 - Street Name - Thennampalayam road
- Vattamalai Andavar Temple - Ward No : 8 - Street Name - North Street-2
- Kamatchiamman Temple - Ward No : 7 - Street Name - Kamatchiamman kovil street
- Makaliamman Temple - Ward No : 6 - Street Name - Makaliamman Kovil street
- Mariamman Temple - Ward No : 3 - Street Name - Mariamman Kovil street
- Arulmigu.Periyamman Temple - Ward No : 2 - Street Name - Sathy Road
|Festival Name||How many Days Celebrated||Which Month Celebrated||No of Peoples Participated||Notified/Non Notified|
|Arulmigu. Maneeswarar Temple Car festival||7||DEC||1500||NON-NOTIFIED|
|Nearest City Name||Direction||Distance from Town Panchayat|
ANNUR (SELECTION GRADE) TOWN PANCHAYAT
1. Town History
Annur is a
part of ancient Kongu region,
called as Manniyur and then as Anniyur now
colloquially as Annur.
Annur is a Selection Grade Town
Panchayat. It is possessing all
sort of facilities
as like in a city. Annur
Town Panchayat coming under the administrative
The town extends over an area of 18.29 Sq .km. The town is situated along Dindigul –Bangalore National Highways (NH 209) . The population of the town as per 2011 census is 20079 with 5610 households spread in 13 habitations.
2. Political Wing
The Panchayat council the Political arm of the Town consists of 15 directly elected councillors each representing a ward. The Chairman heads the Town Panchayat council which performs its duties as per the provisions envisaged in District Municipalities Act 1920. The Political wing provides direction to the Town Panchayat Administration and performs its functions through a set of committees constituted for different purposes.
3. Executive Wing
The Executive wing is responsible for day to day operations of the Town Panchayat and is headed by the Executive Officer. The Executive Officer is the Administrative head of the Town Panchayat and is supported by different departments in the operations and maintenance. The Organizational structure comprises of Four functional department.
4. Transport Linkage
Annur town is situated along
No. of Govt. Buses : 157
No. of Private Buses : 38
No. of Mini Buses : 5
5. Climate Condition
This town has a fairly healthy climate. The maximum temperature normally occurs in the month of may while the minimum temperature in winter occurs in December.
6. Historical Importance : GANDHIJI IN SOKKAMPALAYAM
Sokkampalayam is one of the ideal village in Annur Town Panchayat. When the freedom struggle started, each and every villagers participated and sacrificed their lives. They are very kind hearted and loveable people. In 1934 February 6th Gandhiji, Who is known as the FATHER OF OUR NATION Visited Shokkampalayam. When his footpath touched this Sokkampalayam, it was purified. In this village the villagers built Gandhiji Kasthuraiba Memorial hall. Through that they bring the memories of Gandhiji’s visit at Sokkampalayam for ever. In this memorial they kept Gandhiji’s pen, Chapels, Glass, Watch and the collection of Gandhiji’s photos and the Freedom Struggle album. They built statue with MANIMANDAPAM in the entrance.
7. Major Festival
Arulmigu Arunthava Selvi Udanamar Annur Arulmigu Manneeswarar Thiru Kovil Which is known as South kalakasthi , Maetralai Tanjore is one of the eminent temple in Tamil nadu. This temple is recently renovated adorned with a beautiful wooden car for its annual car function ( Ratha urchava). MARIAMMAN FESTIVALS: In Tamil Nadu each and every place has Mariamman Thirukovil. This is famous in Annur Also. In Chithirai ( Tamil First month) Mariamman kovil function have been celebrating every year.