- Balasamudram Town Panchayat Located 62.00 K.M distance from Dindugal District.
- Nearest Railway Station Name : Palani , This Railway Station Located 6.00 k.m Distance from balasamudram
- Nearest Airport Located in : Madurai
- Bus Route Details : : Palani to Balasamudram
- Perumal Kovil - Ward No : 10 - Street Name - Perumal Kovil Street
- Anjeneyar Kovil - Ward No : 9 - Street Name - Palaru Dam
- Muthalamman Kovil - Ward No : 8 - Street Name - Palaru Main Road
- Kottai kaliyamman kovil - Ward No : 7 - Street Name - Palaru Main Road
- Maruthakaliyamman Kovil - Ward No : 5 - Street Name - Palaru Main Road
- Mariyamman Kovil - Ward No : 12 - Street Name - West Harijan Street
- Kaliyamman Kovil - Ward No : 14 - Street Name - Kurumbapatty Main Road
- Mariyamman Kovils - Ward No : 15 - Street Name - Kurumbapatty Main Road
- Utchikaliyamman Kovil - Ward No : 5 - Street Name - Ayyampulli Road
- Mathuraiveeran Kovil - Ward No : 1 - Street Name - East Harijan Street
- Pavalakodiyamman Kovil - Ward No : 13 - Street Name - North Harijan Sreet
- Mosque - Ward No : 4 - Street Name - Pallivasal Street
- RC Church - Ward No : 13 - Street Name - Church Road
- Ayyampulli Vinayakar Kovil - Ward No : 2 - Street Name - Ayyampulli Vinayagar Kovil Street
|Festival Name||How many Days Celebrated||Which Month Celebrated||No of Peoples Participated||Notified/Non Notified|
|Nearest City Name||Direction||Distance from Town Panchayat|
BALASAMUDRAM TOWN PANCHAYAT
HISTORY OF TOWN PANCHAYAT AND TOWN PANCHAYAT PLACE
1.1 TOWN HISTORY
Balasamudram has grown to a panchayat in the year 1885 and latter upgraded to first grade Town Panchayat in 1968. By status it was declared as Selection grade Town Panchayat in 1985. Latter Tamil Nadu Government declared Special Village Panchayat in 2004. Then it was renamed as Town Panchayat in 2006. The extend of the Town Panchayat is 38.17 sqm. It has Two Hamlets, named Puliyamaruthushed and Palar Dam. It is Situated at Palani Taluk in Dindigul District. 2011 Census Population is 14179
1.2 TOWN ADMINISTRATION
Balasamudram is a Selection Grade Town Panchayat. It has 15 Electroal wards. Executive Officer supported by Head Clerk, Sanitary Supervisor, Assistant Engineer and other staffs administrates the Town Panchayat. Council has Six lady members, Nine male members headed by the Chairperson.
Balasamudram is a selection Grade Town Panchayat which situated as 4 km towards Palani which is in Palani taluk of Dindigul District Administration. Through this Town Panchayat Bye Bass National highways road is connected by NH-209. The area of the town panchayat is 38.17 sq.km..
1.4 TRANSPORT LINKAGE
Balasamudram Town Panchayat is connected with other Villages and Towns like, Palani, Palar Dam.
1.5 CLIMATE CONDITION
Balasamudram is located in a favorable pleasing atmosphere of being situated in the Kodaikanal of the western ghat. The annual rainfall is about 500 mm / annum. The maximum and minimum tempertature are 39’0 and 15.0’ C and located in an altitude of about 120 mt above MSL.
1.6 SOIL CONDITION
Major part of the town is plane area except some habitations are on a slopped hills area. Hard Block soil is found almost on all areas. This town has perennial water sources from Palar River Bed and there by agricultural activities are depending on this channel and also rainfall. Trees like coconut. Coua.and Mango and food grains like rice are the major crops of this town. The climate is almost dry and there is significant rainfall during the North East monsoon.
Laboratory Test Result
Insitu Bulk Density (t/m3)