- Killai Town Panchayat Located 60.00 K.M distance from Cuddalore District.
- Nearest Railway Station Name : Killai , This Railway Station Located 4.00 k.m Distance from killai
- Nearest Airport Located in : Chennai
- Bus Route Details : : Cuddalore to Chidambaram
- Mariyamman Temple - Ward No : 1 - Street Name - Nadar street
- Mariyamman Temple - Ward No : 2 - Street Name - Ponnanthittu
- Puttru Mariyamman Temple - Ward No : 2 - Street Name - Ponnanthittu
- Mosque - Ward No : 2 - Street Name - Ponnanthittu
- Murugan Temple - Ward No : 3 - Street Name - C. Manambadi
- Mariyamman Temple - Ward No : 3 - Street Name - C. Manambadi
- Kaman Kovil - Ward No : 15 - Street Name - Pichavaram
- Kaliyamman Temple - Ward No : 15 - Street Name - Pichavaram
- Murugan Temple - Ward No : 9 - Street Name - Mudasalodai
- Mariyamman Temple - Ward No : 9 - Street Name - Mudasalodai
- Murugan Temple - Ward No : 8 - Street Name - M.G.R. Thittu
- Kanniyamman Temple - Ward No : 11 - Street Name - M.G.R. Nagar
- bentego church - Ward No : 11 - Street Name - M.G.R. Nagar
- Mariyaman Temple - Ward No : 5 - Street Name - Thaikkal
- Mosque - Ward No : 4 - Street Name - Thaikkal
- Hanuman Temple - Ward No : 7 - Street Name - Killai
- Krishna Temple - Ward No : 7 - Street Name - Poorasamy Mandaba Street
- Mariyamman Temple - Ward No : 7 - Street Name - Killai
- Mariyamman Temple - Ward No : 3 - Street Name - Singarakuppam
- Piliver Church - Ward No : 3 - Street Name - Singarakuppam
- Mariyamman Temple - Ward No : 9 - Street Name - Muzhukkuthurai
|Festival Name||How many Days Celebrated||Which Month Celebrated||No of Peoples Participated||Notified/Non Notified|
|Nearest City Name||Direction||Distance from Town Panchayat|
Town Panchayat Profile
KILLAI is a Second Grade Town Panchayat, coming under the Administrative territory of Cuddalore District. The Town Panchayat was constituted as per Director of Town Panchayat, Chennai proceeding No. 85446/9/3 dated. 20.06.1969 Second grade town panchayat. The town is located in 180 kms. The town panchayat extends over an area of 15.36 sq.km. The Revenue Village Killai has combined together to form KILLAI Town Panchayat.
Demographic Features of the Town
Average Annual Growth rate
Area of the Town Panchayat
No. of house holds ( 2011)
Average House hold size ( 2011)
Assuming an annual growth of 29% percent during the last ten years, the population in 2011 is 13674 and with and average house holds size of 22% the present no. of house holds is estimated to be 2963. These, figures are used to estimated the current levels of services and the backlog/shortage. The population in 2021 is project assuming the same growth rate. The growth needs are assessed for this population.
The coastal zone of
Mangrove wetlands of Tamil Nadu:-
Tamil Nadu has a coastline of 950 km. Extensive mangrove wetlands are located in two places – in Pichavaram,Cuddalore
districts and Muthupet in Thiruvarur andThanjavur districts. Small patches of
mangroves have alsobeen found along the
Majority of the population in KILLAI town depends upon agricultural workers,
business and labour workers for their, livelihood. It has one Government hospital . They are Eight Govt. elementary Schools and
Three Middle Schools in this town. There
The town has one library, and Police Station.
Agriculture and business is the predominant occupation of the people. There are 1 rice mills located in the town
Masi Magam Festival is one of the main festivals that celebrated with in Killai.
Masi Magam Festival is the annual festival that takes place on the full moon day in the Tamil month of Masi which falls in between February and March. The festival is observed on that occasion as the deity enters human society and people offers a hearty welcome to him.
Time to celebrate:-
This grand celebration takes place between the months of February and March which is the also known as Mashi according to Tamil calendar. Thousands of tourists gather and take part in the holy occasion.
The Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation and the District Administration of Cuddalore District have proposed to conduct an Eco Tourism festival namely " Dawn Fest " (Vidiyal Vizha) at Pichavaram.